The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Steak with bearnaise butter and bacon asparagus
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 125 gramsbutter
- 1 satchetbearnaise powder
- 1 bunchgreen asparagus
- 75 gramsbacon slices
- 600 gramsbaby potatoes
- 4 steaks
- olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A quick grilled steak with addictive bearnaise butter on top, and served with spuds and bacon asparagus - summerfood at its best. Yum and enjoy!
1. Fire up the grill, or get your best pan ready on the stove. Soften the butter to room temp.
2. If you're in a rush, you can just dice up the butter, pop it in a bowl and whack it in the microwave, at about 10 seconds on full power. You don't want it melted, just soft enough to stir it with a spoon.
3. Now add half the bearnaise powder and stir well. Taste and add more powder if needed. Place the soft butter in a sausage-like shape in a piece of baking parchment and roll it up - like a donner wrap! Pop the butter in the freezer while you sort the rest.
4. Rinse the asparagus and snap off the stringy bottom third. The clever thing about asparagus is that they know just where to snap! Wrap half a slice of bacon around each one. Set aside on a plate. Remember to wash hands and utensils after.
5. Boil the potatoes until tender in lightly salted water, and cook the steaks on the grill or on a pan with a bit of olive oil, if the weather doesn't agree with grilling. Remember to season with salt and pepper. Finally grill the bacon wrapped asparagus.
6. Serve the warm steaks with cold bearnaise butter on top, and potatoes and asparagus on the side.