The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Spring rolls with easy salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 250 gramswholewheat noodles
- 8 spring rolls
- 0.5 pointed cabbage
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 100 gramsmushrooms
- 5 spring onions
- 150 gramsbean sprouts
- 3 tbspsoy sauce
- 3 tbspsweet chilli sauce
- rapeseed oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Spring rolls are a definite hit with most kids. Here we've served them with a warm salad of pointed cabbage, noodles, spring onion and bean sprouts. We've used red pointed cabbage, but you can use the regular kind as well. Enjoy!
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet, then rinse with cold water and leave to drip off in a sieve or drainer.
2. Cook the spring rolls on a pan with rapeseed oil or other oil for frying, according to the packet. You can also heat the rolls in the oven, following the directions on the packet. But usually the rolls come out yummiest if you cook them in some oil on a pan.
3. Rinse and thinly slice the pointed cabbage. Peel the carrots and cut into bite-sized chunks. Rinse and clean the mushrooms and spring onions and cut into smaller pieces.
4. Cook all the veggies on a pan in oil on high heat for about 5 minutes. Add rinsed bean sprouts, noodles, soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce and stir well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the spring rolls and the warm noodle salad with some extra soy and sweet chilli sauce.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids rinse and cut the mushrooms into wedges. And if they're brave, pop a pair of goggles on them and let them chop the onions. If nothing else, it'll make for a perfect Kodak Moment!