The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Spinach sandwich with tuna salad and carrot chips
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 tbspolive oil
- 1 tbspdried oregano
- 1 apple
- 1 red bell pepper
- 0.5 bunchchives
- 2 tintuna in brine*
- 50 mlcreme fraiche- or skyr
- 2 tbspmayonnaise
- wholewheat sandwich bread
- lettuce of your choice
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Tuna salad is a brilliant way of getting fish into the kids. Here we've served the tuna salad in a sandwich with apple and bell pepper. On the side we have carrot chips with oregano. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 220 degrees convection.
2. Peel and cut the carrots into sticks. Place on a baking tray or in a casserole tin covered with baking parchment. Coat with a dash of oil and oregano and bake for 20-25 minutes.
3. Wash and clean apple and bell pepper, chop half into small pieces and save the other half for topping on the sandwiches. Finely chop the chives. Mix everything with drained tuna, creme fraiche (or skyr), and mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Warm the sandwich buns and rinse the lettuce. Let the family assemble their favourite sandwich with lettuce, tuna salad, apple and bell pepper - and the yummy carrot chips on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids do the chopping - they can chop the apple, bell pepper, chives and carrots if they're handy with a knife.