The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Speedy pasta with shrimp and tomato sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 200 gramslarge shell prawns
- 500 gramswholewheat pasta
- 2 clovegarlic
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 100 mlwater
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A quick pasta dish with shrimp served in a simple, but delicious tomato sauce. Make it on days where you're in a hurry, and go for wholewheat pasta if you can find it. It's tasty and a ton healthier than the white version. Enjoy!
1. Thaw the shrimp and pat dry with a bit of kitchen roll. Boil the pasta following directions on the packet.
2. Thinly slice the cloves of garlic and cook while stirring for about a minute, with a dash of olive oil in a deep pan or pot. Add the shrimp and cook until warm all the way through and pink, if you're using shrimp that aren't parboiled. Remove garlic and shrimp from the pan and set both aside.
3. Add the tomato purée and water to the pan or pot without cleaning it first. Cook while stirring for a minute and add chopped tomatoes, stock and oregano. Let the sauce simmer for five minutes and add salt and pepper to taste. Add shrimp and garlic and mix everything well.
4. Drain the pasta and mix with shrimp and tomato sauce. Serve in deep plates and top with a sprinkle of basil if possible.