The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Spanish omelette with bacon, potatoes and pan fried veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 400 gramsbaby potatoes
- 200 gramsdiced bacon- lardons
- 8 egg
- 1 tspbaking powder
- 150 mlmilk
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 1 headbroccoli
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 20 gramsbutter
- olive oil
- wholewheat toast
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This Spanish omelette with bacon, onion and potatoes is super tasty. And it's especially brilliant if you have cooked potatoes left over from the day before (if not, just boil a handful). We're serving the omelette with veggies pan fried in butter, wholewheat toast and ketchup on the side. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 185 degrees fan assisted.
2. Finely chop the onion and cut the potatoes into bite-sized bits. Sweat onion, potatoes and bacon for 3-5 minutes in some olive oil in an oven-safe pan.
3. Whisk eggs, baking powder, milk, oregano, salt and some pepper in a bowl. Pour your egg mix over the filling in the pan. Bake the omelette for 15-20 minutes, until it's stiffened all the way through.
4. Rinse and pluck small florets from the broccoli, peel the carrots and cut into sticks. Fry on a pan with butter for about 7-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Toast the bread in the oven or toaster.
6. Serve the omelette with toast, butter fried veg and some ketchup for dipping. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help sweat onion and bacon on the pan. They can also whisk the egg filling. Let them pick florets off the broccoli and peel the carrots.