The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Smoked ham with rice and greens
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 900 gramssmoked ham- or glazed
- 2 leek
- 1 red bell pepper
- 300 gramsfrozen beans
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- corn flour
- gravy browning
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Smoked or glazed ham is just delicious! It gives off lots of juices for a super tasty and quick gravy, and the dish is really easy to make, and you only need a bit of time in the kitchen, as there's lots of waiting time for you to do other stuff. The recipe is for two days, so remember to save half of the ham for tomorrow, where it'll be used as filling in yummy paella. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection. Cook the rice according to the packet. Remember to make a double portion, if you don't fancy cooking another batch tomorrow.
2. Place the ham in a large pot and cover it with water. Bring the pot to the boil and let the ham simmer for about 20 minutes. Then leave it in the warm water for another 20 minutes, and remember to save the water for the gravy.
3. While the ham cooks, clean the leeks and cut into bite-sized pieces. Rinse and remove the seeds from the bell pepper, and cut into strips. Place the veggies in a casserole tin along with the beans, and stir in a nice dash of olive oil. Bake for 25-30 minutes, and put your feet up while the ham rests in the water.
4. Just before dinnertime, pour a third of the ham water into a saucepan. Bring to the boil, add vegetable stock and thicken with a bit of corn flour stirred out in a cup of water. Add a bit of gravy browning and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Slice the ham thinly and serve with rice, sauce and warm veggies.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids clean the leeks and bell pepper. They can also cut the veggies into pieces.