The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Self-assembly chicken salad with celery
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 300 gramschicken fillet
- 2 stickcelery*
- 1 snack pepper- or bell pepper
- 150 gramsgrapes- seedless
- 1 mini romaine lettuce
- 100 gramsdiced bacon
- 200 mlgreek yoghurt
- 1 tbspsweet mustard
- 1 tspcurry
- 0.5 bunchchives
- 0.5 lemon
- 50 gramswalnuts
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
It can be a struggle to get kid-approval on salads for dinner, but that can often be because everything is already mixed together, and the kids can't sort the bits they like and don't. So instead, pop all the ingredients on the table in little bowls, and let the whole family assemble their favourite salad.
1. Season the chicken fillets with salt and pepper and cook in some olive oil until cooked through - that is, if you don't have some leftover chicken from last night ready to go in the fridge. Let the fillets cool somewhat and cut into bite-sized chunks.
2. Finely dice washed celery and bell pepper (seeds removed). Wash and halve the grapes. Rip the washed romaine into chunks with your hands.
3. Place the bacon on a dry, cold pan and switch on the hob. Cook the bacon until crispy. Let drip off on some kitchen roll.
4. Mix Greek yoghurt, sweet mustard, curry and finely chopped chives in a bowl. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. Place all ingredients, including walnuts, on the table in small bowls and let the whole family assemble their own favourite salad. Yum!
If it's a struggle getting salads into the kids, you can institute little rules, like everyone has to pick at least one or two types of veg. That makes a little game out of the meal - even if you're not meant to play with your food!