The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Savoury crepes with beef and tomato salsa
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 400 gramsbeef mince
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 100 mlwater
- 50 mlketchup
- 35 gramstomato purée
- 275 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 8 savoury crepes
- 75 gramsgrated cheese
- 3 tomato
- 0.5 bunchfresh basil
- 0.5 cucumber
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Savoury crepes are a favourite with most kids - and adults. Here's a version with beef filling and sweetcorn, topped with grated cheese and served with tomato salsa and snack veggies. The recipe is extra simple, so the kids can have their own cooking day - maybe with a bit of help from a grownup. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degreen fan assisted.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic in a mini chopper. Sweat onion and garlic in some olive oil in a pot, until the onions are clear. Add mince and oregano and sear well. Add water, ketchup, tomato purée and drained sweetcorn and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add the filling to the crepes, carefully roll up so they don't come apart, and place in a casserole dish with the seals facing down. Top with grated cheese and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is golden.
4. Rinse tomatoes and basil. Dice with a knife or give them a spin in the mini chopper, until roughly chopped. Mix with a dash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Rinse and cut the cucumber into sticks for snack veggies.
6. Serve the savoury crepes with tomato salsa and snack veggies.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help dice the tomatoes. They can also add the mince filling to the crepes, and cut cucumber into sticks.