The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Satay skewers with noodles and peanut butter sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 4 tbspsoy sauce
- 2 tbspsweet chilli sauce
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsppeanut butter
- 500 gramschicken mini fillets
- wholewheat noodles
- 0.5 pointed cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 6 spring onions
- wooden skewers
- baking parchment
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Chicken skewers in the yummiest peanut butter sauce, served with flash fried veggies, noodles and even more yummy peanut butter sauce on top. If you don't have any skewers handy, just cook the chicken as normal. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fan assisted.
2. Whisk soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, the juice of a lime and peanut butter into an even mass. Pour half into a bowl and set aside. Use the other half to coat the chicken fillets in a deep plate or bowl. Pop 1-2 fillets on each skewer, and place on an oven tray lined with baking parchment. Remember to wash hands and utensils when you're done.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through - the chicken, that is, not your hands and utensils! Meanwhile cook the noodles according to the packet.
4. Rinse and cut pointed cabbage and bell pepper into strips. Remove tops and bottoms from the spring onion, and slice on a bias (or as most of us would say, 'diagonally').
5. Flash fry all veggies on a pan with olive oil - fry for 3-5 minutes and sprinkle with some salt. Mix veggies with the cooked noodles.
6. Serve the skewers with noodles, veggies and the yummy peanut butter sauce. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help mix the peanut butter sauce. They can also cut pointed cabbage and bell pepper into sticks, and put the chicken on the skewers - of course keep proper kitchen hygiene in mind.