The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Salmon quiche with spinach and bean salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 200 gramswhole frozen spinach leaves
- 275 gramsshortcrust pastry
- 5 egg
- 100 mlmilk
- 0.5 tbpsdried thyme
- 1 tspsalt
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 225 gramsfresh salmon
- 40 gramspumpkin seeds
- 450 gramsfrozen beans
- 2 apples
- dressing of your choice
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We do love a quiche here at Mambeno! Here's an easy and simple edition with spinach, salmon, thyme, and cherry tomatoes, served with an easy bean salad. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees fan assisted.
2. Thaw the spinach in a pot or the microwave and drain the water.
3. Place the shortcrust pastry in a buttered or oiled quiche tin - all the way up the sides. Poke the bottom with a fork, to stop it from bubbling. Now bake the crust for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
4. Whisk eggs with milk, thyme and salt.
5. Rinse and halve the cherry tomatoes. Remove the skin from the salmon and finely dice the meat. Scatter salmon and spinach onto the crust base, then cover with the whisked egg. Finally, spread out the tomatoes on top.
6. Bake the quiche for about 20 minutes - or until the egg is stiff and the quiche has a gorgeous, golden surface. Decorate with chives if you have some.
7. Toast pumpkin seeds on a dry pan and let cool.
8. Give the beans a quick boil in a pot of water, then blanch with cold water. Rinse and dice the apples. Mix and top with seeds and dressing of your choice.
9. Serve the yummy quiche with the quick bean salad. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help whisk the eggs with milk and thyme. They can also cut tomatoes and apples.
Extra flavour: Whip up a nice dressing for the salad out of oil, vinegar, garlic, honey, lemon zest, salt and pepper.