The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Salmon nuggets with noodles and veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat noodles
- 50 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 225 gramssalmon fillet
- 5 spring onions
- 1 apple
- 1 fennel
- 300 gramscarrots*
- lettuce of your choice
- 50 mlsweet chilli sauce
- 0.5 lemon
- 50 mlsoy sauce
- 2 tbspsesame oil- or olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
The yummiest crispy salmon nuggets, served bowl style - which is to say, in a bowl... - with lots of veggies, noodles, and a gorgeous Asian-inspired sauce. We've made this one extra simple, so the kids can get their own cooking day - or assist mum and dad in the kitchen. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fan-assisted. Cook the noodles according to the packet, then blanch with cold water. Leave the noodles to drip off in a colander.
2. Pour breadcrumbs into a deep plate. Beat the egg with salt and pepper in a separate deep plate. Cut the salmon into nugget sized bits - if there's skin on the salmon, that'll have to go.
3. Now coat the salmon, first in the egg, then the breadcrumbs. Carefully place the nuggets on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the fish can be split into flakes. You can also opt to fry them on a pan with a good dash of oil, if you want them extra golden and crispy.
4. Lop tops and bottoms off the spring onion, and cut what's left into rings. Wash and slice apple and fennel - it's easiest if you halve it and place it flat side down on the cutting board.
5. Peel the carrrots and coarsely grate on a grater. Rinse the lettuce. Place everything on the table in small bowls or on a large tray.
6. Whip up a sauce by whisking sweet chilli sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce and sesame (or olive) oil in a bowl. Serve in bowls or deep plates, and let everyone around the table assemble their own bowls. Serve with the yummy sauce. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: There's plenty of chopping to do today, so let the kids help peel the carrots, cut spring onion, apple and fennel. They can also whisk together the sauce, and help coat the salmon in egg and breadcrumbs - just remember good kitchen hygiene.