The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Rice tafel with a world of toppings - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 2 onion
- 2 tbspcurry
- 600 gramspork chops
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 200 mlwater
- 30 mlginger shot- or fresh ginger
- 2 tbspcorn flour
- 1 apple
- 100 gramsfrozen edamame beans
- 150 gramspineapple chunks
- 100 gramspeanuts
- 50 gramscoconut flour
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Rice tafel is super tasty, and is great fun both to prepare and eat, as everyone gets to assemble their ideal plate. Here we've made a version with pork in curry sauce and plenty of sides. The recipe is extra simple, so the kids can have their own cooking day. The recipe is designed for two days, so remember to save the leftovers for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the bag.
2. Peel the onion and give it a spin in the mini chopper, or dice with a knife. Sweat it with the curry in some olive oil on a pan.
3. Meanwhile, dice the pork into smaller chunks, remembering to wash hands and utensils when you're done. Let the meat sear with the onion and curry, and add coconut milk and water once the pork is lightly seared.
4. Add the ginger shot little by little, tasting as you go so the sauce doesn't get too strong. If using fresh ginger, simply peel a few centimetres and grate it on the fine side of a grater. Gradually add to the sauce, tasting as you go. Thicken the sauce with a bit of corn flour stirred into water and season with salt and pepper.
5. Rinse the apple and cut into wedges. Give it a spin in the mini chopper - remember to remove the core first. You can of course also use a knife. Cook the edamame beans by blanching them in boiled water. Drain the pineapple chunks and pop the pieces into a bowl. Place peanuts and coconut flour in their own respective bowls.
6. Place everything on the table in small bowls, along with curry sauce and rice. Let everyone assemble their own favourite plate.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help dice the apple. They can also stir and taste the sauce.
There's practically no limits to what you can use as topping with rice tafel. Such as peas, pickled fruit, spring onion, raisins, and much more.