The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Ravioli with tomato sauce and salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 courgette
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 2 tbspred pesto
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 500 gramstortellini
- gramslettuce of your choice
- 1 avocado
- 0.5 lemon
- 1 apple
- dressing of your choice
- 100 gramsgrated cheese
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Ravioli is delicious! But the homemade version is a bit more time consuming than is realistic in most busy families. So we've made an exception and whipped up a recipe with ready-made ravioli with homemade tomato sauce and an easy salad. Enjoy!
1. Finely dice the onion and garlic and sautée in olive oil in a small pot. Rinse and dice the courgette. Peel the carrots and grate on the fine side of a grater and add along with chopped tomatoes, pesto and oregano and bring the lot to the boil.
2. Cook the tortellini according to the packet.
3. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and let simmer, while you cook the tortellini and prep the salad..
4. Rinse the lettuce. Halve the avocado, remove the stone and slice the flesh. Drizzle with some lemon to prevent it from browning. Rinse and cut up the apple. Mix the salad with a dressing of your choice.
5. Serve the tortellini in deep plates topped with tomato sauce, grated cheese, and an optional sprinkle of herbs. Do avoid herb sprinkles for kids younger than 3.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut the cougette. They can also peel and grate the carrots.
You can use whatever kind of grated cheese you prefer. But if you want things to be proper Italian, opt for the hard cheese, grana padano, sold in triangles in most supermarkets. You can also, if you really want to go all out, go for the real, proper parmesan.