The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Quick tomato soup with pasta
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 2 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 8 tomato
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 500 mlwater
- 200 gramswholewheat pasta- fussili
- 1 wholewheat baguette
- 50 gramsgrated cheese
- 200 mlsingle cream 8%
- 0.5 tbspacacia honey*
- 50 mlskyr*
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Tomato soup is a hit with most kids, and this version with pasta and gratinated tomato bread on the side, is even super easy to make. Enjoy!
1. Switch your oven on to the grill programme.
2. Roughly chop onion, garlic and three quarters of the rinsed tomatoes. Sautée onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil in a big pot. It needs a few minutes, until it's gotten a bit of colour. Now add oregano and the fresh tomatoes, and let that cook for another few minutes.
3. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, vegetable stock and water and let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the packet.
4. Slice the baguette and top with the remaining washed tomatoes (sliced) and some grated cheese. Gratinate in the oven for 2-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and browned a bit. Keep a watchful eye - an oven on grill programme isn't messing about!
5. Add single cream or milk to the soup and heat it carefully. Blend the soup until smooth with a hand blender. You can also use a regular blender, but remember to only fill it halfway, as hot liquids can "explode" when blended. We suggest removing the lid and covering with a dishcloth instead.
6. Season with salt, pepper and an optional dash of honey and serve with some pasta in small bowls or deep plates - and a dollop of skyr and an optional sprinkle of herbs on top, if you have some to hand.
If you want the leanest possible version, swap the cream for milk. We recommend buying a slab of cheese to grate yourself. It's cheaper, and then you'll have some for a nice afternoon toastie. You can save a bit of soup and pasta for the kids' packed lunches.