The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Quick tomato pasta with pork and basil
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- fresh pasta
- 340 gramspork chops
- 75 gramssundried tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 clovegarlic
- 100 mlsingle cream
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 1 bunchfresh basil
- 50 gramsgrated parmesan
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pasta dishes are a hit when you want something quick and tasty on the dinner table. This creamy version is with pork, sundried tomatoes and basil, and of course topped with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Cut up the pork chops and sear in some olive oil in a pot.
3. Cut up tomatoes and dice the bell pepper, finely chop the garlic and add the lot to the pot. Let cook for a couple of minutes, add the single cream, chopped tomatoes and half of the fresh basil.
4. Put a lid on the pot, lower the heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes until the meat is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the dish in deep plates or pasta bowls, and top with the remaining basil and the parmesan. If you have carrots to hand, cut them into sticks for snack veggies to serve on the side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help rinse and dice the bell pepper. They can also help add the ingredients to the pot.