The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Quick ramen soup with pork and spinach
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 250 gramswholewheat noodles
- 2 literwater
- 2 cubechicken stock
- 2 cmfresh ginger
- 4 egg
- 50 gramsfresh spinach*
- 200 gramsbean sprouts
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 spring onions
- 400 gramspork chops
- 50 mlsoy sauce
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Ramen soup is a super tasty and easy soup, originating from Japan. Here we've made the soup with pork, spinach, bean sprouts, bell pepper and egg. But you can also use the likes of chicken, or other veg you have in the house. Enjoy!
1. Cook the noodles according to the packet, rinse with cold water and leave to drip off.
2. Pour the water from the ingredient list into a large pot with crumbled stock cubes and peeled, grated ginger. Switch the hob on full whack and bring the water to the boil.
3. Bring a small pot of water to the boil for the eggs. Give the eggs ten minutes, then immediately rinse with cold water - this stops them from continuing to cook, and makes them easier to peel.
4. Rinse spinach and bean sprouts. Rinse the bell pepper, remove the seeds and slice into thin sticks. Clean and rinse the spring onion. Cut into bite-sized, diagonal chunks and set everything aside.
5. Thinly slice the pork chops - remembering to wash your hands and kitchen utensils afterwards. Sear the meat on a pan in some olive oil for about 5 minutes, until it has a good sear.
6. Add the cooked pork and the bell pepper to the soup. Add soy sauce to taste, and optionally a bit more stock. Finally add the spring onion, and bear in mind that they can be a bit harsh on smaller kids (and kissy adults!), so make sure they're big enough to pick out.
7. Serve the soup in bowls or deep plates with a picked, halved egg and spinach leaves, noodles and bean sprouts dosed to taste. If you like, you can garnish with the tops from the spring onion.
8. Slurp away - enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids rinse and clean the bell pepper and cut it.