The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Quick pasta with tomato sauce, chicken and snack veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 50 gramspepperoni
- 300 gramschicken fillet
- 400 mlleftover tomato sauce
- fresh pasta
- 150 gramsradishes
- 2 apples
- 300 gramscarrots*
- grated cheese
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Today's dinner is super quick and tasty! We've used the leftover tomato sauce and pepperoni from yesterday's brown bread pizzas for a tasty pasta with chicken. If you don't have any leftover tomato sauce or pepperoni, simply use tinned chopped tomatoes and bacon, ham or the like. Enjoy!
1. Cut the pepperoni into smaller pieces. Cook on a dry pan, and meanwhile cut the chicken fillets into small pieces. Add the chicken, and sear well along with the pepperoni.
2. Add pizza sauce and let the lot simmer for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet.
3. Rinse radishes and apples and peel the carrots. Cut apples and carrots into sticks for snack veggies.
4. Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper and serve on top of the freshly cooked pasta, topped with some grated cheese, and with snack veggies as a side.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut the pepperoni. They can also cut the apples into wedges and rinse the radishes.