The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Quick pasta with peas and mushrooms
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 200 gramsmushrooms
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 200 mlsingle cream 8%- or milk
- 1 cubechicken stock- or vegetable stock
- 150 gramsfrozen peas
- 0.5 lemon
- olive oil
- corn flour
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A super speedy pasta dish for busy days. We've topped the pasta with a creamy sauce of cherry tomatoes, peas and mushrooms. If you want to keep the dish 100% vegetarian, just swap the chicken stock for vegetable stock. But if you have some leftover meaty bits, such as chicken, we highly recommend cooking and mixing it with the pasta.
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Clean and wash the mushrooms, rinse the tomatoes and halve both. Finely chop the onion.
3. Sautée onion and mushrooms in some olive oil on a pan for a few minutes. Add single cream or milk, stock cube and peas and warm up. If you like, thicken the sauce with a bit of corn flour stirred into a cup of water.
4. Season with salt and pepper and an optional squeeze of lemon juice. Add the tomatoes at the very end, and remove the pan from the heat right away. Mix with the piping hot pasta and serve with a sprinkle of herbs on top. And dinner's served!
Stock cubes come in a wide variety - some are very soft, others more dry and crumbly. If you like, you can dissolve the stock cube in some boiling water in a cup before adding it. That way you avoid bits of stock cube in the food.