The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Quick pasta with chicken and mushroom
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- leftover roast chicken
- 200 mlsingle cream- or milk
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 100 gramspeas
- 0.5 lemon
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A dead quick pasta dish for busy days, We've topped the pasta with a creamy sauce made with cherry tomatoes, peas, mushrooms, and leftover roast chicken. If you don't have any leftover chicken handy, just cook up a fillet or two - or forgo the meat entirely and make a vegetarian dish. If you want the dish to be 100% vegetarian, swap the chicken stock for vegetable stock. Enjoy!
1. Boil the pasta following the directions on the packet.
2. Clean and wash the mushrooms, rinse the tomatoes and halve both. Finely chop the onion and cut the roast chicken into strips.
3. Cook onion and mushrooms with a bit of olive oil for a few minutes. Add cream or milk, chicken, stock cube and peas and heat up. If you like, thicken the sauce with a bit of cornflour stirred into a bit of water.
4. Add salt, pepper, and optionally a bit of lemon juice to taste. Finally add the tomatoes, and immediately remove from the heat. Serve with piping hot pasta and a sprinkle of herbs on top.
There's a wide variety of different stock cubes out there. Some are closer to jelly, some are quite solid. If needed, dissolve the stock cube in some boiling water before adding it, to avoid chunks of stock cube in your food.