The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Quick economy-pasta with tomato sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 400 gramswholewheat pasta- fussili or your own choice
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 70 gramstomato purée
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 1 bunchbasil
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 cucumber
- grated parmesan
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This is possibly the quickest pasta dish in the world. It's cheap, easy to make and just absolutely delicious! You can use any pasta you like, f.x. wholewheat fussili. If you can find some of the slightly larger and more "alternative" types of pasta, those are great as well - but do go for the wholewheat ones. Enjoy!
1. Boil the pasta following the directions on the packet.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes with a bit of olive oil in a pot. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, dried oregano and half of the fresh basil. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. Add a bit of water to the sauce if you're finding it a bit thick. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Mix the pasta into the tomato sauce and serve with lots of grated parmesan and the rest of the basil on top.
5. Peel the carrots and wash the cucumber, and cut both into sticks for snack veggies.
If you have a bit of pasta left over, save it for the little ones' packed lunches - that always goes down a treat!