The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Quiche with bolognese and salad – day two
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- shortcrust pastry
- 4 egg
- 1 tspsalt
- 500 gramsleftover bolognese
- 50 gramsgrated cheese
- 0.5 headpointed cabbage
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- dressing of your choice
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We've put together a super scrumptious quiche with yesterday's leftover bolognese, that comes out almost tasting like pizza. Yum! We're serving it with pointed cabbage salad with tomatoes, avocado and bell pepper. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 210 degrees fan assisted. Press the dough into an oiled quiche tin – all the way up the sides. Poke the bottom with a fork – to stop it from bubbling up. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven.
2. Meanwhile, mix egg and salt in a bowl.
3. Add bolognese to the baked quiche crust, add the egg and top with grated cheese.
4. Bake the quiche for about 20 minutes – or until the egg is stiff and the quiche has a lovely, golden surface.
5. Meanwhile, cut the pointed cabbage into thin strips. Rinse and cut bell pepper, avocado and tomatoes into smaller chunks. Mix the salad with dressing of your choice.
6. Serve the quiche with the pointed cabbage salad. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut tomatoes, avocado and bell pepper. They can also whisk the egg.