The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pumpkin chicken pot
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 3 leek
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin
- 800 gramschicken mini fillets
- 300 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 800 mlcoconut milk
- 2 tbspcurry
- 1 tbspcumin
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This is the recipe for a super easy crockpot-esque dish with chicken, pumpkin, sweetcorn and leeks, served over rice. It's really tasty - and our kids love it! The dish is for two days, so remember to save half for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Wash the leeks thoroughly and remove tops and bottoms. Double check if there's any bits of stubborn dirt hiding between the leaves (a bit like when you're looking for missing socks in the kids rooms). Split the leeks lengthways and cut into smaller pieces.
3. Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into smaller pieces.
4. Cook the bits of leeks in olive oil and stir well. Add pumpkin and let cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add chicken strips and sweetcorn and stir well. Add coconut milk, curry and cumin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the dish over piping hot rice. If you have mango chutney or sweet chilli sauce to hand, it goes great.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help wash the leeks and cut up the pumpkin.