The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pulled beef with coleslaw in pitas
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- leftover beef roast
- 1 onion
- 200 mlketchup
- 2 tbspbrown sugar- ideally farin
- 25 mlvinegar
- 0.5 tbspall purpose seasoning
- 0.25 pointed cabbage
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 200 mlskyr*
- 3 tbspmayonnaise
- 1 tbspacacia honey*
- 1 tbspsweet mustard
- wholewheat pitas
- 2 tomato
- 0.5 cucumber
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Leftover beef roast is perfect for repurposing into pulled beef, which we're serving with coleslaw, veggies and pitas. Woop woop - and enjoy!
1. Slice the cold beef roast into paper thin slices, with your biggest sabre of a ninja knife. But remember to mind your fingers! You can also chuck the slices in a food processor with the thin slicing blade.
2. Finely chop the onion and sautée in a bit of olive oil over medium heat, until lightly browned. Add ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and all purpose seasoning and stir well.
3. Now add the pulled beef to the marinade. Let the meat and marinade simmer while stirring for about five minutes, or until the marinade has reduced enough to stick to the meat. Do be careful not to reduce it too much, as the beef will then lose some of its juicy goodness. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, very finely slice cabbage and peeled carrots into super thin strips - either with a knife or a mandolin. Mind your fingers again - you need those for Uno!
5. Mix skyr, mayonnaise, acacia honey and sweet mustard into a dressing, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix with the carrot and cabbage strips. Warm the pitas in the oven or on a toaster. Rinse cucumber and tomato and slice both.
6. Pop everything on the table on a tray or in small bowls - and dinner is served! Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help slice cucumber and tomato. They can also mix the marinade for the pulled beef and plate things in bowls.