The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pull-apart rolls with mozzarella and fresh herbs
( Approx. 16 )
- 25 gramsbutter
- 200 mlmilk
- 300 mlcold water
- 25 gramsyeast
- 200 gramsgraham flour
- 500 gramsplain flour
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 bunchfresh basil
- 3 tbspolive oil
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 ballmozzarella
- 1 egg
- 25 gramssesame seeds
About the recipe
The tastiest pull-apart rolls with cheese and herbs throughout the centre. Perfect for packed lunches, or as a side for dinner. You can watch our little video explaining how to make them right here. Enjoy!
1. Melt the butter in a pot along with milk. Mix with the cold water in a bowl and add yeast. Stir until the yeast is dissolved.
2. Add graham flour, plain flour and salt, and knead the dough until pliable. Add a touch more flour if the dough is tacky. Let the dough prove while you prep the fillings - about 15 minutes.
3. Mix basil (you can include the stems) with oil and garlic in a mini chopper and give it a whirl until it's finely chopped. Finely chop the ball of mozzarella. Mix basil, mozzarella and salt.
4. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
5. Sprinkle flour onto a clean tabletop and roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it measures approx. 30 cm x 30 cm. Cut into around 16 pieces. Place a spoonful of filling in the centre of each piece, bring the corners together and squeeze to seal. Face the seal downwards, and place in a buttered or oiled casserole tin or bread tin. If you can't fit them all in the tin, bake them as rolls.
6. Beat an egg, brush the rolls and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Let prove for 15 minutes, then bake until beautifully golden.
7. And there we are - bon appetit!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids mix the first part of the dough - until the little muscles give out, at least. They can also chop the mozzarella into small bits. They're of course also the absolute best at sprinkling the sesame seeds!
Du kan i øvrigt sagtens erstatte frisk basilikum med andre friske krydderurter.