The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pork chops with rice, fried apple and bacon
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 1 onion
- 2 apples
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 200 gramsdiced bacon- lardons
- 4 pork neck chops
- 0.5 tbspcurry
- 200 mlcoconut milk
- 50 mlwater
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pork chops, fried apple and bacon - what's not to love? We've served the chops with rice and a yummy curry sauce on the side. The recipe is super easy to make, but you'll need to get the hobs going. Enjoy!
1. Cook rice according to the packet.
2. Dice onion and apple. Peel and dice carrots. Sear bacon in a pot and add onion and apple. Let simmer while you sort the rest.
3. Season the chops with salt and pepper. Cook on a pan in some olive oil, or chuck them on the grill if the weather is agreeable.
4. Sweat the curry in a bit of olive oil for a few minutes in a separate pan. Add carrots, coconut milk and water, and let simmer until the pork chops are ready. Season with salt and pepper. If you'd like even more flavour, add a crumbled chicken stock cube.
5. Serve the juicy chops with rice, curry sauce, fried apple and bacon.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help dice apples and carrots - using a child safe knife. They can also season the pork chops and help taste the sauce.
If you have leftover coconut milk, freeze it in an airtight container - then you have it for next time you need it.