The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pork chops with rice, bacon and apple
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 1 onion
- 2 apples
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 200 gramsdiced bacon- lardons
- 4 pork chops
- 0.5 tbspcurry
- 165 gramscoconut milk
- 50 mlwater
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pork chops, fried apples and bacon - what's not to like? We're serving the pork chops with rice and a yummy curry sauce. The recipe is super easy to make, but you'll need to get the hobs going.. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Dice onion and apple. Peel and dice the carrots.
3. Sautée bacon in a pot and add onion and apple. Let it simmer while you fix the rest.
4. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Sear on a pan in some olive oil, or chuck them on the grill if the weather permits.
5. Cook the curry in some olive oil on a separate pan for a couple of minutes. Add carrots, coconut milk and water, and let it simmer until the chops are cooked.
6. Serve the juicy pork chops with rice, curry sauce, and the fried apples and bacon.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help dice the apple and carrot. They can also help season the pork chops and taste the sauce.