The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Plaice rolls with turkey bacon, cauliflower and potatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 600 gramspotatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 cauliflower
- 0.5 headpointed cabbage
- 400 mlcoconut milk
- 0.5 tbspcurry
- 1 organic lemon
- 250 gramsplaice fillets
- 70 gramsturkey bacon
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This is the loveliest recipe for plaice rolls wrapped in turkey bacon, which we're serving with potatoes, coconut sauce and baked cauliflower with curry. And if you can't find turkey bacon, use parma or serrano ham, or regular bacon. Get excited - and enjoy!
1. Preheat the oven to 185 degrees convection.
2. Peel the potatoes and cook until tender in a pot of salted water.
3. Finely chop onion and garlic. Rinse the cauliflower and split into smaller florets. Rinse and cut pointed cabbage into strips. Mix everything in a baking tray or casserole tin. Shake the coconut milk and pour over the veggies. Sprinkle with curry, some salt, and zest a bit of lemon over it.
4. Pat the plaice fillets dry with some kitchen roll, and roll them up with a slice of bacon wrapped around.
5. Place the rolls on top of the cauliflower in the casserole tin - optionally pop a skewer through the rolls - you can fit 2-3 rolls on a skewer. Bake the plaice rolls for approx. 20 minutes, until firm and cooked through - but by no means dry!
6. Serve the plaice with potatoes, coconut sauce and baked cauliflower.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids pick florets off the cauliflower. They can also help shake and pour the coconut milk.