The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Plaice fillets on bed of veg with hazelnuts
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 650 gramsbaby potatoes
- 0.5 tbspcurry
- 0.5 tbspdried thyme
- 1 clovegarlic
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 500 gramsfrozen vegetable mix- or fresh veg of your choice
- 1 organic lemon
- 40 gramshazelnuts
- 225 gramsplaice fillets
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Frozen vegetables are SUPER handy! Vitamins and minerals are preserved, and it saves you the chopping. Here we've used a frozen veggie mix in an easy fish dish of plaice fillets, hazelnuts and baby potatoes. If you have plenty of time and you're so inclined, you can of course opt to chop some fresh veggies yourself. Simply pick your favourite veggies and remember to adjust your shopping list. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees fan assisted and cook the potatoes in salted water until tender when poked with a fork. This takes 10-12 minutes depending on the size.
2. Mix curry, thyme, pressed garlic and single cream with the frozen veggies in an oven dish.
3. Season with salt and pepper and pop slices of rinsed lemon on top. Coarsely chop the hazelnuts and sprinkle over the veggies. Bake the veggies without the fish for 10 minutes.
4. Roll up the plaice fillets and season with some salt and pepper. Place on top of the veg and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve the fish with the roasted veggies, baby potatoes, and the scrumptious cream sauce from the oven dish. If you think the sauce is a tad too runny, transfer it from the dish to a small saucepan and thicken it with some plain or corn flour mixed with water. Enjoy!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help mix the herbs and seasonings with the veg. They can also place the lemon slices, sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts and roll up the fish fillets.