The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Plaice fillet with homemade remoulade
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1000 gramspotatoes
- 175 gramspickles
- 2 tbspmayonnaise- can be subbed for skyr
- 0.5 tspcurry
- 100 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 100 gramsrye flour
- 2 egg
- 225 gramsplaice fillets
- 1 lemon
- 300 gramscarrots*
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A crispy piece of fish is a hit with loads of kids! This recipe is another "Danish style", where a typical fish fillet is breaded plaice, rather than battered cod - which you can of course use instead, if you prefer. It's served with our super easy homemade remoulade - a MUST on a Danish fish fillet! Enjoy!
1. Boil the potatoes in a pot of lightly salted water.
2. Mix pickles with mayonnaise and curry and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Pour breadcrumbs and rye flour onto separate dinner plates. Crack some salt and pepper over the rye flour and mix it in. Crack the eggs into a deep plate and beat with a fork.
4. First coat the plaice fillets in rye flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumbs. Cook in a nice lob of butter or oil on a teflon pan. Carefully flip them halfway, and remove when nice and golden. If you don't feel they're cooking evenly, add a bit more butter or oil.
5. Serve with homemade remoulade, lemon wedges, potatoes, and carrots cut into sticks for snack veggies. Enjoy!
Please note that the ingredient list contains the double amount of potatoes. Half of it should be cooked today and saved for sausage mix tomorrow.