The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Plaice fillet with Hokkaido and snack veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin
- 100 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 100 gramsrye flour
- 2 egg
- 8 plaice fillets
- 2 apples
- 0.5 cucumber
- dressing of your choice
- olive oil
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Plaice fillets are a Danish family favourite, as well loved as the cod fillet is in the UK. We're serving these with baked hokkaido pumpkin. Use your favorite dressing on the side. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection.
2. Wash and halve the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Cut the pumpkin into thick sticks and place on a baking tray with baking parchment. Coat with a good bit of olive oil and bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden.
3. Pour breadcrumbs and rye flour on separate dinner plates. Crack a bit of salt and pepper over the rye flour and mix. Crack the eggs in a deep plate and beat with a fork.
4. First coat the plaice fillets with rye flour, then egg, and finally breadcrumbs. Cook in a nice mix of butter and olive oil on a teflon pan. Carefully flip them halfway through, and remove the fillets when nicely golden. If you feel like the fillets aren't getting an even sear, add more oil or butter.
5. Rinse apple and cucumber and cut both into sticks for snack veggies. Serve with the plaice fillets, the baked Hokkaido pumpkin and dressing of your choice!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help bread the fish. They can also cut snack veggies.