The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pizza with chorizo, courgette and cherry tomatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 courgette
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 600 gramspizza dough
- 10 tbsppizza sauce
- 160 gramssliced chorizo
- 2 ballmozzarella
- 400 gramscarrots*
- semolina flour- or plain flour
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
The yummiest crispy pizza with sliced chorizo, courgette, cherry tomatoes, and of course plenty of mozzarella on top. We're serving the pizza with snack veggies. Figure 200-300 grams of dough per pizza. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees upper and lower heat, with a baking tray on the bottom shelf – or use a pizza stone. Rinse and peel the courgette into thin strips with a potato peeler. Rinse and halve cherry tomatoes.
2. Sprinkle some flour onto a clean tabletop and roll out the dough, so each base is about 30 cm in diameter. Be careful not to leave them too thick! Note: If you haven't got a pizza peel, move the dough bases to sheets of baking parchment with your hands before you add the pizza sauce.
3. Sauce the bases. Leave the outermost centimetre of each base bare. Top with chorizo, half of the tomato, half of the courgette, and finally the mozzarella in small chunks or slices on top.
4. Move the pizzas to the oven with a pizza peel, or slide a cutting board under the baking parchment holding the pizzas, and move to the baking tray. Bake the pizzas for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is golden and the crust crispy. Then garnish the finished pizzas with with fresh tomatoes and fresh courgette strips.
5. Peel carrots and cut into sticks for snack veggies. Serve on the side of the pizzas.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help peel the courgette into thin strips. They can also halve the tomatoes and peel the carrots.