The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pizza with chicken, potato and bacon
(2 pizzas )
- 400 gramspotatoes
- 200 gramschicken fillet
- 500 gramspizza dough
- 8 tbsptomato sauce
- 1 packetbacon
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 ballmozzarella
- semolina flour- for rolling
- olive oil- for topping
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Look forward to tasty pizzas with chicken, potato and bacon, which go super well together. And remember: Pizza just is tastiest when eaten with your hands. Enjoy!
1. Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water until tender. Rinse with cold water. Halve the chicken fillets lengthways, so they cook quicker. Boil the fillets in a separate pot for about 15 minutes, or until the meat is white and not pink all the way through. Let cool for a bit.
2. Preheat your oven to a minimum of 250 - ideally 275 - degrees non-convection with a baking rack on the bottom shelf. If you have a pizza stone, put that in the cold oven before you turn it on. You can make the pizza on the grill too, if you have the kind with a lid. Then just put a pizza stone on the cold grill and let it warm up with the grill.
3. Sprinkle semolina onto a clean tabletop and roll out two pizza bases to about 30 cm in diameter. Note: If you don't have a pizza peel to move the pizzas to the oven with, move the rolled out dough to a piece of baking parchment before you put on the sauce and toppings.
4. Spread tomato sauce on the bottoms. Rip the chicken into good sized pieces and scatter across the pizzas followed by the sliced potatoes. Place a few slices of bacon on each pizza. Sprinkle diced bell pepper on top and finally rip the mozzarella into small bits and spread over the top.
5. Move the pizzas to the oven or grill with a pizza peel, or slide a cutting board under the baking parchment holding the pizzas. Bake the pizzas for 10-15 minutes one by one, until the cheese is golden and the crust crispy. Sprinkle with some dried oregano if you have any to hand. Enjoy - and don't forget napkins!