The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pizza with chicken, portobello mushroom and melon salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 300 gramschicken fillet
- 300 gramsportobello mushrooms
- 500 gramspizza dough
- 8 tbsptomato sauce
- 1 ballmozzarella
- 1 red bell pepper
- 0.5 melon
- 2 tomato
- 75 gramsfeta cubes
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- semolina or plain flour- for rolling
- olive oil- for topping
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pizzas just are delicious, and the kids love them! And even if takeaway pizzas are great, they're even better when you make them yourselves. Bring the kids into the kitchen with you and let them make their own, it's a fun little bit of family time. Here we've topped our pizzas with tomato sauce, chicken and portobello mushrooms and served it with a melon salad on the side. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to at least 250 degrees, 275 if you can, with a baking tray on the bottom shelf of the oven. If you have a pizza stone, put it on the baking tray in your cold oven before turning it on. You can easily cook the pizza on the grill as well, if your grill has a lid. In this case, just pop your pizza stone on the cold grill and let it heat up along with the grill.
2. Split the chicken fillets lengthways, so they're half as thick. Remember to wash your hands and utensils afterwards. Boil the chicken in a pot of salted water for about 10 minutes, until the chicken is white and there's no pink all the way through. Remove the chicken and let cool. Rinse and clean the portobellos and slice them.
3. Sprinkle some flour onto a clean tabletop and roll out the pizza dough with a rolling pin, until they're about 30 cm in diameter. Important: if you don't have a pizza peel to move the pizza to the oven with, then move the pizza dough with your hands to a piece of baking parchment before you add the tomato sauce and toppings.
4. Spread the tomato sauce across the dough. Shred the chicken into fitting chunks and spread across the pizzas followed by the slices of portobello mushrooms. Top with small pieces of mozzarella.
5. Move the pizzas to the oven or grill with a pizza peel, or slide a cutting board under the baking parchment holding the pizzas. Bake the pizzas one at a time for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is golden and the crust crispy. Feel free to sprinkle some fresh basil or other greens on top if you have any to hand.
6. Whip up your salad while the pizza bakes. Rinse and clean the pepper, dice tomatoes and melon flesh and drain the feta. Mix everything in a bowl and drizzle with a bit of olive oil and some dried oregano.
7. Serve the pizzas with the melon salad and enjoy!