The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pitas with chicken, veg and pesto dressing
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tomato
- lettuce of your choice
- 150 gramsloose sweetcorn
- 400 gramschicken fillet
- 1 tsppaprika
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 250 mlcreme fraiche- or skyr
- 3 tbspred pesto
- 6 wholewheat pitabreads
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pitas make for super easy and kid friendly dinner - these are with pan fried chicken, vegetables and pesto dressing. The recipe is extra simple, so the kids can have their very own cooking day. Enjoy!
1. Rinse and cut up bell pepper and tomatoes. Rinse the lettuce and drain the sweetcorn. Place everything in small bowls.
2. Cut the chicken fillet into smaller pieces, and fry in some olive oil on a pan with paprika and oregano. Season with salt and pepper. Remember to wash hands and utensils after handling raw meat.
3. Mix creme fraiche or skyr with pesto and season with salt and pepper.
4. Warm the pitabreads and place all of the ingredients on the table in small bowls. Serve with yummy pesto dressing and let the whole family assemble their favourite pita!
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help chop and prep the veggies. They can also help mix the dressing. If you have leftovers, save them for tomorrow's packed lunches.