The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Peanut-coated chicken with rice and wok veggies
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 100 gramspeanuts
- 1 egg
- 400 gramschicken mini fillets
- 0.5 cauliflower
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 2 apples
- 2 tspcurry
- soy sauce
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Yum! Quick and tasty chicken chunks coated with peanuts. We're serving them with fried rice, apples, carrots and cauliflower - and a bit of soy sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
1. Cook the rice according to the packet and drain the water.
2. Finely chop the peanuts or give them a whirl in a mini chopper or food processor and spread evenly on a flat plate. Crack the egg into a deep plate and beat it with a dash of salt and pepper.
3. Now turn the chicken fillets in the beaten egg and then in the chopped peanuts. Cook the chicken fillets on a pan in olive oil, until they're golden and cooked through. Remember to wash your hands and utensils afterwards. Make sure you turn the chicken carefully, so the coating doesn't come off.
4. Rinse the cauliflower, remove the stem and split the head into florets. Peel the carrots and cut into bite-sized chunks. Rinse and slice the apple.
5. Now fry the rice along with the vegetables and curry on a pan or in a wok with olive oil for about 5 minutes. Add soy sauce to taste.
6. Serve the crispy chicken strips with the flash fried rice, veggies and soy sauce.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids cut little florets from the cauliflower, peel the carrots and slice the apples.If you have sweet chilli sauce in the cupboard, it goes really well with the dish.