The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pastry-wrapped plaice with summer salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- shortcrust pastry
- 100 gramscream cheese- ideally garlic and herb flavoured or similar
- 300 gramswhite fish
- 1 bunchdill
- 50 gramsalmonds*
- lettuce of your choice
- 0.5 cucumber
- 1 red bell pepper
- 75 gramsfeta cubes
- dressing of your choice
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Here is the recipe for a brilliant fish dish, where we've spiced up the otherwise rather neutral white fish a bit. We've wrapped it in pastry with seasoned cream cheese, dill and grated lemon, which is absolutely delicious! Serve the wrapped fish with an easy summer salad. It's a huge hit in our house. Use whatever white fish you like - cod, pollock, plaice, etc. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection.
2. Roll the pastry into two pieces of approx. 25 x 30 cm. Cut each square into four pieces, so you have eight pieces total. Spread a spoonful of cream cheese on four of the pieces - leave the outermost centimetre on each bare.
3. Place the fish on top of the cream cheese and top with some fresh dill. Place the squares without cream cheese on top as a lid, and press a fork along the edges to seal them properly. Place the parcels on a baking tray with baking parchment and bake for approx. 20 minutes.
4. Roast the almonds on a dry pan, let them cool and chop them. Rinse the lettuce and place in a bowl. Rinse and dice cucumber and bell pepper. Mix the veggies with the lettuce along with pumpkin or sunflower seeds, and top with feta and a dressing of your choice. Garnish the salad with the rest of the dill.
5. Serve the fish with lemon slices on the side, the easy salad and a dressing of your choice.
You can use whatever kind of fish you like best - fresh or frozen. We've used plaice, but you can also use cod or other white fish. If you're saving the salad, don't add the seeds to the mix, but rather add them on top as you serve it, as they will go soft otherwise.