The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pastabake with beef mince and mozzarella
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 300 gramswholewheat fusilli pasta- or penne
- 2 onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 800 gramsbeef mince
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 150 gramssweetcorn
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 50 mltomato ketchup
- 300 mlwhite sauce
- 1 ballmozzarella
- 25 gramsbreadcrumbs
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
An easy recipe for a yummy pastabake with beef mince, carrots, sweetcorn, and mornay sauce, topped with mozzarella. Please note that this dish is designed to last two days. Have fun!
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees convection. Boil the pasta following the instructions on the packet and drain.
2. Finely chop onion and garlic. Sautée for a few minutes with a bit of olive oil in a deep pan or a pot. Add the mince and brown it thoroughly. Season with some salt and pepper.
3. Peel the carrots and dice them. Drain the sweetcorn and add carrots, sweetcorn, oregano, chopped tomatoes and tomato ketchup to the mince. Let simmer for about 5 minutes and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Place the pasta into an oven-safe tray and fold in the mornay sauce. Spread the mince on top and top with mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
5. Bake for approx. 30 minutes, until the top is beautifully golden brown.
Remember to save the leftover pasta for dinner tomorrow. If you have mornay sauce left over, you can chuck it in the freezer in an airtight container, so you have it for next time!