The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pasta with spinach, bell pepper and bacon - for two days
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 300 gramsbacon slices
- 2 yellow bell pepper
- 2 onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 2 tbsppaprika
- 400 gramsfrozen spinach*
- 250 mlsingle cream
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 1 bunchfresh basil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Bacon and pasta are a classic combo, and why is that? Because it just tastes amazing! Here, the bacon is joined by spinach, bell pepper and a creamy sauce. The dish is for two days, so remember to save half for tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Cut up the bacon slices - we suggest using a clean pair of scissors. Cook the bacon on a dry pan until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside. Save the fat left on the pan for later.
3. Rinse, clean and dice the bell peppers. Dice onion and garlic and cook the lot in the bacon fat, along with paprika, for 5-7 minutes.
4. If you don't have a large pan, you might like to transfer the sautéed veg to a pot. Now add spinach, cream, chopped tomatoes and chopped basil leaves. Let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Mix the pasta into the sauce and serve in deep plates, topped with bacon.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut up the bacon. They can also dice the bell peppers, and plate up.