The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pasta with orange, leftover duck and walnuts
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 1 onion
- 100 gramsprunes- seedless
- 4 orange
- leftover duck
- 100 mlboiling water
- corn flour
- 200 mlsingle cream
- 50 gramswalnuts
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This pasta dish is absolutely delicious, and the perfect way of using up leftover duck. Served with orange, prunes and walnuts on top. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet - save the pasta water for the sauce.
2. Finely dice the onion, chop the prunes (remove any stones), peel half of the oranges and cut into wedges. Save the rest of the orange for the sauce. Shred or slice the duck meat into strips.
3. Cook onion, prunes and duck meat in some olive oil on a pan. When hot all the wat through, remove and place on a plate without cleaning the pan.
4. Add the pasta water, the juice from the rest of the oranges, the cream and heat back up. Thicken the sauce with some corn flour stirred into a bit of water. Season with salt and pepper and optionally add more pasta water or orange juice, as per your own taste.
5. Mix the sauce and the pasta, duck meat and orange wedges. Serve with walnuts on top.