The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pasta with bacon, pointed cabbage and peas
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 150 gramsbacon slices
- 0.5 pointed cabbage
- 1 onion
- 2 clovegarlic
- 2 tbsppaprika
- 150 gramsfrozen peas
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 10 cherry tomatoes
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
A super easy and tasty pasta dish with pointed cabbage, peas and cherry tomatoes, topped with bacon and tossed in a light cream sauce. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Cut up the bacon slices - we suggest using clean scissors. Cook the bacon on a dry pan until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside, but leave the lovely fats in the pan.
3. Chop the pointed cabbage into strips. Finely(ish) dice onion and garlic, then sautée the lot in the bacon fat along with paprika, for 5-7 minutes.
4. Now add peas, single cream and oregano and let simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve in deep plates, topped with bacon and cherry tomatoes.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut the bacon. They can also chop the pointed cabbage and tomatoes.