The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pasta with bacon, courgette and cherry tomatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 courgette
- 200 gramsbacon slices
- 250 gramssingle cream 8%
- 3 tbspred pesto
- 1 tbspdried oregano- or thyme
- 10 cherry tomatoes
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
There's not much to say about this pasta dish, other than it's super easy and tastes gooorgeous! Pasta mixed with bacon, courgette and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Finely chop the garlic. Rinse the courgette and dice it somewhat finely.
3. Cut the bacon slices into smaller pieces - we suggest using a clean pair of scissors. Cook the bacon on a dry pan until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, and leave the pan dirty.
4. Add diced courgette and garlic and let it cook in the bacon fat for 3-4 minutes. Add single cream, pesto, dried oregano or thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Rinse and quarter the cherry tomatoes and mix those and the bacon bits into the pasta before serving.
6. Serve the pasta dish in deep plates and sprinkle with fresh herbs, if you have some to hand. Do avoid herb sprinkles for kids younger than 3.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids dice the courgette. You can help them along by slicing it lengthways first, so they only have to do the dicing. The kids can of course also help with tasting!