The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pasta with bacon, courgette and cherry tomatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 courgette
- 125 gramsbacon slices
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 3 tbspred pesto
- 1 tbspdried oregano- or thyme
- 10 cherry tomatoes
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
There's not a ton to say about this pasta dish, other than it's super easy and tastes amaaazing! Pasta tossed with bacon, courgette and cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Finely chop the garlic. Rinse the courgette and dice it medium-finely (or thereabouts).
3. Cut up the bacon slices - we suggest using clean scissors. Fry the bacon on a dry pan until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan, but leave the lovely fats.
4. Add courgette and garlic and sautée it in the bacon fat for 3-4 minutes. Add single cream, pesto, dried oregano or thyme and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Rinse and quarter the cherry tomatoes, and toss with bacon bits and pasta in the pan before serving.
6. Serve the pasta in deep plates and sprinkle with fresh herbs, if you have some knocking about. Do avoid herb sprinkles for kids younger than 3.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids dice the courgette. If needed, you can help them along by slicing it lengthways first, so they only need to do the actual dicing. The kids can of course help taste as well!