The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pasta in creamy pumpkin sauce with bacon
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholewheat pasta
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 hokkaido pumpkin
- 100 gramsbacon slices
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 0.5 cucumber
- 2 apples
- 250 mlsingle cream 8%
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 1 bunchfresh basil
- 100 gramsgrated parmesan- or other cheese
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This pasta dish is a huge hit with our kids. We've hidden hokkaido pumpkin in the yummy and creamy sauce, which we're topping with bacon, basil and parmesan cheese. We're serving the dish with snack veggies to munch on. Enjoy!
1. Cook the pasta according to the packet.
2. Peel onion, garlic and pumpkin and roughly dice. Cook until tender in a pot of unsalted water. This takes about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook the bacon on a dry pan.
4. Peel carrots and wash cucumber and apple and cut into sticks for snack veggies.
5. Drain the water from the pumpkin, but save a bit of the water in a cup. Add cream, crumbled stock cube and basil leaves (optionally save some for garnish) and blend everything until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper and optionally add a bit more pumpkin water, if you want the sauce a bit creamier.
6. Mix the pasta into the sauce and serve with bacon, parmesan and basil on top.
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids cut the apple, carrots and cucumber into snack veggies.
You can absolutely sub hokkaido pumpkin for the likes of butternut squash.