The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pasta gratin with spinach and tomato
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 250 gramswholewheat spaghetti
- 1 onion
- 100 gramsfresh spinach*
- 6 tomato
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 500 mllow fat mornay sauce
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Pasta and spaghetti are a definite favourite with most kids. And this gratin is no exception. It's incredibly quick and easy to make, and we've even snuck some fresh spinach into the pasta that the kids will never notice! Note that this dish is intended for two days. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection. Boil the pasta following the directions on the packet and drain.
2. Finely chop the onion. Rinse the spinach and roughly dice it. Rinse and dice the tomatoes - save a little handful for garnish.
3. Cook onion and spinach with a bit of olive oil in a pan. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the spinach is slightly wilted. Mix the cooked spaghetti with the veggies, oregano and mornay sauce.
4. Pop the lot into a casserole tin, sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top and gratinate in the oven for approx. 20 minutes, until the pasta is nice and golden on top.
5. Serve the spaghetti with some freshly chopped tomatoes and a bit of green on top, if you fancy it.
Remember to save the leftover spaghetti for tomorrow.