The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pasta gratin with chicken and courgette
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 courgette
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 1 onion
- 400 gramschicken mince
- 2 tspdried thyme
- 500 mlmornay sauce- low fat
- 200 mlwater
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 400 gramswholewheat spaghetti
- 75 gramsgrated cheese
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
This dish is designed for two days, and just absolutely delicious! Chicken, veg, some thyme, mornay sauce and cheese on top. Yum! Enjoy.
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees convection.
2. Wash the courgette, peel the carrots and roughly dice both. Clean, wash and quarter the mushrooms. Pop everything to the side.
3. Finely dice the onion and cook with a dash of olive oil in a deep pan or pot. Add meat and thyme, season with salt and pepper and cook until the meat is thoroughly seared. Add mornay sauce, water, veggies and stock cube and let simmer.
4. Cook the spaghetti following directions on the packet and drain. Spread the spaghetti and sauce in layers in a big casserole tin. Start with a layer of spaghetti and finish with a layer of sauce. Top with grated cheese and bake for approx. 30 minutes, or until the cheese is golden.
You can absolutely buy grated cheese at the supermarket, but it's much cheaper to buy a solid piece of cheese and grate it at home, cut into cheese sticks for the kids' lunch, and cut a few slices off for a nice afternoon toastie. And that keeps those nasty E-numbers off your dinnertable!