The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Pad Krapow - Thai classic
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 500 gramspork mince
- 1 tbspsoy
- 1 tbspoyster sauce
- 1 tbspfish sauce
- 100 mlwater
- 1 tbspacacia honey*
- 100 gramsfresh spinach*
- 4 egg
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
It may sound like a comic book sound effect, but Pad Krapow is just a classic Thai dish! We've toned down the garlic and subbed out the chilli for red bell pepper, and used spinach rather than the original basil. And it's REALLY tasty and REALLY quick dinner!
1. Boil the rice following directions on packet.
2. Finely chop the garlic. Clean and rinse the bell pepper and cut it into thin strips. Flash fry garlic and pepper with a bit of olive oil for a few minutes in a wok or deep pan. Add pork and let cook until pork is starting to brown.
3. Add soy, oyster sauce, fish sauce, water and a dash of honey. Taste, and if needed add a bit more of this or that. Rinse the spinach well and throw it in the mix. Bring back up to heat and stir continuously until spinach is wilted.
4. Crack the eggs into a pan with a bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and cook as fried eggs.
5. Serve with piping hot rice, fried egg on top and a bit of sweet chilli sauce, if you have any handy.
Sweet chilli sauce is a super tasty topping for Pad Krapow. You can buy it ready made at the supermarket, or make it yourself. It's no hassle at all and doesn't take very long. And then you control how hot it ends up! Find our recipe for sweet chilli sauce here.