The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Ovenbaked tenderloin in mild tomato sauce
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 1 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 1 pork tenderloin
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 300 mlmilk or single cream
- 0.5 tbspdried oregano
- 1 cubechicken stock
- 100 gramspeas
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Delicious tenderloin in a dish of vegetables and with a mild tomato sauce. Of course served with steaming hot rice. Delicious dinner that the whole family likes. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection and boil the rice following directions on the packet.
2. Chop the onion. Rinse and clean the bell pepper and mushrooms, peel the carrots and chop the lot into the size of chunks you like.
3. Trim the worst tendons and fat from the tenderloin with your favourite knife - and mind your fingers! Slice the tenderloin into steaks of the thickness you prefer. Flatten them slightly with your hand and season with salt and pepper. Don't forget to wash your hands and utensils when you're done.
4. Sear the steaks at high heat with a bit of butter in a large pan. You don't want them cooked through, just get a nice sear on both sides. Pop the steaks in a casserole tin, and leave the cooking juices in the frying pan.
5. If needed, pop a bit more butter onto the pan and flash fry the veggies (not the peas) for a few minutes while stirring. Season with salt and pepper and add chopped tomatoes, milk or cream, crumbled stock cube and peas. Bring the lot to the boil, season to taste if needed and pour the lot over the tenderloin steaks.
6. Pop it in the oven for approx. 20 minutes, until the steaks are cooked through. Serve with rice and a bit of green on top.