The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Ovenbaked meatballs with creamed veggies and potatoes
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 bunchfresh basil
- 1 egg
- 200 mlmilk
- 500 gramspork mince
- 2 tspsalt
- 25 gramsbreadcrumbs
- 600 gramsbaby potatoes
- 0.5 bunchgreen asparagus
- 1 headbroccoli
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 20 gramsbutter
- 2 tbspplain flour
- 200 mlmilk
- 0.5 tbsplemon juice
- baking parchment
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Ovenbaked meatballs are super easy to make, and in this version, we've seasoned with fresh chopped basil, and served with potatoes and creamed broccoli with carrots and asparagus. You can happily swap the specific vegetables for any, you have to hand. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection. Quarter the onion and give it a whirl in a mini chopper along with basil, egg and milk. Mix this with mince, salt and breadcrumbs until it has the consistency of thick oatmeal. If it's too thin and watery, add a bit more breadcrumbs - if it's too firm, add a bit more milk.
2. Shape little meatballs from the farce, and pop them on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Bake for 20-25 minutes. If you want to avoid farce on your fingers, you can stuff it into a freezer bag, cut the corner off and squeeze the meatballs onto the tray.
3. Cook the potatoes until tender in a pot of salted water.
4. Rinse the broccoli and split into florets. Peel the carrots and cut into smaller chunks. Cook the veggies for 2-3 minutes, then drain the water.
5. Melt the butter in a pot, add the flour and stir well, so nothing burns. Let it lightly sizzle for a couple of minutes, while stirring continuously. This gets rid of the floury taste. Add milk little by little, while whisking hard, until you have your desired consistency. Season to taste with nutmeg, salt, pepper, and a dash of lemon juice. Add broccoli and carrots and slowly warm up.
6. Serve the yummy baked meatballs with spuds and creamed veggies. Enjoy!
Tasks for kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help split the broccoli into florets. They can also help peel the carrots and cut them into chunks.