The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Ovenbaked chicken with veggies and rice
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 1 onion
- 1 clovegarlic
- 300 gramscarrots*
- 1 aubergine
- 400 gramschicken fillet
- 200 mlboiling water
- 1 cubevegetable stock
- 1 canchopped tomatoes
- 100 mlcream cheese- ideally herbs and spices variety
- 1 tspsalt
- 2 tspdried thyme
- olive oil
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
We love it when a dish can just tend to itself in the oven, so you can tend to the family while it does - like this one! Tasty chicken fillet in a baking tray with veggies, yummy sauce and served with piping hot rice. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection and cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Cut the onions into wedges and split the layers. Finely chop the garlic, peel the carrots and cut into bite-sized pieces.Rinse and finely dice the aubergine. Now oil a baking tray with a dash of olive oil and pop the veggies into it.
3. Place the chicken fillets on top of the veg and season with some salt and pepper.
4. Mix boiling water and vegetable stock in a bowl. Add chopped tomatoes, cream cheese, salt and thyme and mix into an even mass.
5. Pour the sauce into the tray and pop it in the oven for about 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
6. Now just think of something fun to do with the kids while dinner is baking - and serve the sliced chicken fillet along with veg and wholegrain rice, topped with the delicious sauce.
If you have salami, sausage or bacon, you can finely chop it and mix it in with the veg - that'll give the dish some extra flavour.