The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Oven roasted pork chops with plenty of veg
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- wholegrain rice
- 2 onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 250 gramsmushrooms
- 100 gramsdiced bacon
- 8 pork chops
- 0.5 tbsppaprika
- 2 canchopped tomatoes
- 200 mlsingle cream
ADD TO MEAL PLAN
About the recipe
Oven roasted pork chops is a Danish classic that's hearty and delicious, and goes down a treat with both kids and adults - at least in the Mambeno home! And the best thing is that the dish is designed for two days. So save the leftovers and cook some extra rice tomorrow - and that's super easy dinner sorted. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees convection and cook the rice according to the packet.
2. Finely dice the onion. Wash and clean the bell peppers and cut into strips. Peel the carrots and cut into bite-sized chunks. If you want them really soft and cooked through, dice them even finer. Rinse and clean the mushrooms before halving them.
3. Place the diced bacon on a cold, dry pan (ideally a deep one) and switch on the hob. Cook the bacon until crispy and leave them to drip off on some kitchen roll.
4. Season the chops with salt and pepper and quickly sear them on both sides, in the bacon fat already on the pan. Place the chops in a baking tray and don't even think about cleaning the pan!
5. Cook the onion in the fat on the pan for a few minutes. If you don't have a deep frying pan, use a pot or saucepan for this instead. Add veggies, paprika, chopped tomatoes and single cream. Bring to the boil, season with salt and pepper and pour the veggies and tomato sauce over the chops.
6. Roast the chops in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through. Serve with piping hot rice, diced bacon and a sprinkle of herbs if you have some to hand. Enjoy!
Remember to save the leftovers for tomorrow - and that's the quickest and easiest dinner sorted!