The recipe has been added to your shopping list.
Oven meatballs with cream cheese pasta and salad
( 2 adults and 2 kids )
- 1 onion
- 1 bunchfresh basil
- 1 egg
- 50 mlmilk
- 500 gramsbeef mince
- 1 tspsalt
- 25 gramsbreadcrumbs
- wholewheat pasta
- 200 gramsspiced cream cheese
- 0.5 cucumber
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- lettuce of your choice
- 200 gramscarrots*
- 1 avocado
- dressing of your choice
- baking parchment
About the recipe
Oven meatballs make for such an easy dinner - and they're super tasty, to boot. We've made these using fresh basil, and served them with pasta tossed with spiced cream cheese and salad on the side. Enjoy!
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees fan-assisted.
2. Quarter the onion and give it a spin in a mini chopper along with rinsed basil (we suggest saving a bit for garnish), egg and milk. Mix with mince, salt and breadcrumbs until the consistency is like thick porridge. If it's too thin and runny, add a bit more breadcrumbs, and if it's too firm, add more milk.
3. Shape little meatballs from the farce and place on a sheet tray lined with baking parchment. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet. Mix with spiced cream cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Rinse cucumber, tomatoes and lettuce. Peel the carrots and chop everything into nice, salad-suited chunks. Halve the avocado, remove the pit and dice the flesh. We suggest drizzling with a bit of lemon to prevent it browning. Toss your salad and dress with dressing of your choice.
6. Serve the yummy meatballs with cream cheese pasta and side salad.
Tasks for younger kids in the kitchen: Let your kids help cut cucumber and tomato for the salad. They can also help dice the avocado.